CM-iGT: WES7: Getting Started
The Windows Embedded Standard 7 (WES7) evaluation image for CM-iGT is designed for the internal NAND Flash storage device and provides most of the features of Windows 7 64bit SP1 Pro. It is based on the Application Compatibility template with the following additions:
- Custom Logon Desktop Background Image
- Dialog Box Filter
- Enhanced Write Filter with HORM
- File Based Write Filter
- Hide Boot Screens
- Message Box Default Reply
- RAM Disk Controller
- Registry Filter
- Telnet Server
The provided WES7 image is built as an evaluation copy and therefore it is time limited. In order to create a permanent WES7 image, a license should be purchased from Microsoft and the image should be re-built.
Preparing the WES7 Image Installer
- Download the CM-iGT WES7 Image Installer package.
- Connect the USB Flash Drive (UFD) to your host PC
Important Note:Ensure that you don't have any other USB mass storage devices connected
- Run Win32DiskImager.exe
- Select the target disk in the Device drop-box
- Select the extracted iGT_WES7_Installer.img in the Image File search-box
- Press Write button to proceed
- Wait until completion
- Disconnect the UFD from your host PC
The created bootable UFD is used for the WES7 image installation on the CM-iGT. The installation process is using the WinPE and ImageX tools.
WES7 Image Deployment
- Connect the UFD with WES7 image installer to the SB-iGT board.
Important Note: Ensure that no other USB or SATA Storage Device is connected to the SB-iGT
- Boot the CM-iGT and enter the BIOS Setup
- Set the appropriate Date and Time
- Go to the “Boot” section and set your UFD as the first bootable device
- Save the configuration changes and exit BIOS
- Wait until the WinPE prompt appears
- Browse to the UFD and run deploy.bat file for deploying the image
- The automatic script formats the internal NAND Flash storage device and deploys the WES7 image
- Ensure that there is no error message during the installation of the image
The script output should appear as follows:
X:\windows\system32>wpeinit X:\windows\system32>d: D:\>deploy.bat D:\>diskpart /s prepare_iGT_WES7.txt Microsoft DiskPart version 6.1.7100 Copyright (C) 1999-2008 Microsoft Corporation. On computer: MININT-VK6BS5V Disk 0 is now the selected disk. DiskPart succeeded in cleaning the disk. DiskPart succeeded in creating the specified partition. 100 percent completed DiskPart successfully formatted the volume. DiskPart marked the current partition as active. DiskPart successfully assigned the drive letter or mount point. DiskPart succeeded in creating the specified partition. 100 percent completed DiskPart successfully formatted the volume. DiskPart successfully assigned the drive letter or mount point. Leaving DiskPart... D:\>imagex.exe /apply iGT_WES7.wim 1 g:\ /verify ImageX Tool for Windows Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp. All rights reserved. Version: 6.1.7100.0 [ 100% ] Applying (with verification) progress Successfully applied image. Total elapsed time: 9 min 31 sec D:\>pause Press any key to continue . . .
Boot from an internal NAND Flash storage device
- After the system shuts down, disconnect the UFD
- Turn on the CM-iGT