WinCE: Platform Builder Installation
Visit Windows Embedded CE Developer Center before you get started with Windows Embedded CE 6.0. The following section provides a brief summary of the Platform Builder plugin for Visual Studio 2005 installation process:
|Installation must be done in the specified order|
- Install a purchased Visual Studio® 2005 or download and install Visual Studio® 2005 Trial
- Install a purchased Windows Embedded CE 6.0 (Plug In for Visual Studio 2005) or download and install Windows Embedded CE 6.0 Evaluation Edition
- Download and install Microsoft® Visual Studio® 2005 Team Suite Service Pack 1
- Download and install Windows CE 6.0 SP1 Windows Embedded CE 6.0 Platform Builder Service Pack 1
- Download and install Windows CE 6.0 R2 update
- Download and install the Windows CE 6.0 R3 update
- Install all QFE’s that were released after R3
|Verify that the VS 2005’s About box indicates the presence of Service Pack 1|
Platform Builder with Windows Vista/Windows 7 64 bit
When working with a 64 bit operating system, complete the installation as specified above.
To have a properly functioning Platform Builder environment read the following post by Michael H: Making PB work on a 64 bit machine This is a summary of the described steps:
- Check whether PB is installed properly
- - in VS2005 go to Tools->Platform Builder for CE 6.0->CE Update Check, If you get an error message that PB is not installed then you need to fix the registry.
- Fix the registry on your desktop machine. The following file is the export of the registry changes we made Registry changes in a .reg format. You should be able to use the same file. No guarantee is given.
|Make sure to backup your registry before manipulating it|