CL-SOM-iMX7: Linux: Creating Live-SD card
This article provides instructions on how to create the CL-SOM-iMX7 Live SD-card using a Linux host workstation. The Live SD card contains a complete boot stack including U-Boot, Linux kernel, device driver modules and root filesystem.
- Obtain a Linux PC workstation.
- Get a USB Card reader and an SD Card. Any commercially available SD card of 1GB (or larger) may be used for the installation.
- Download the CL-SOM-iMX7 BSP binary package from CompuLab website.
- Unzip the package to a directory on the host workstation.
- The Live SD-card image file will be located in the images sub-directory.
- Plug the USB SD Card reader into the host Linux PC. Insert the SD Card into the USB Card reader. In the following instructions it is assumed that the device name of the MMC/SD card on your Linux PC is /dev/sdX.
- Burn the image file to the SD card:
xz -dc ~/path/to/cl-som-imx7-bsp-bin/images/live.1G.img.xz | sudo dd of=/dev/sdX bs=1M
Run Live image
- Insert the SD card into the SD socket:
- on the SBC-iMX7 use (P9) SD socket
- on the SBC-IOT-iMX7 use (P18) micro SD socket
- on the IOT-GATE-iMX7 use socket marked uSD on the front panel
- Power-on the system.
- The Live SD-card image may require boot settings adjustment for proper boot.
- If needed, reset the U-Boot environment to default state in the U-Boot prompt:
CL-SOM-iMX7 # env default -a
- Start the boot process:
CL-SOM-iMX7 # boot