CM-T335: Linux: Automatic Linux Installation
This article provides an installation guide for Linux kernel and Debian root file system on the CompuLab CM-T335 System-on-Module / Computer-on-Module NAND internal storage device.
- Obtain a PC workstation with a serial communication port.
- Download the Linux package for CM-T335 from CompuLab website. Unzip the package to a directory on your host workstation.
- Copy the following files from the package folder images to the SD card:
- boot.scr, ramdisk.img, kernel.img, ramdisk.dtb, rootfs.tar.bz2, install.ext2, install.sh, zImage-cm-t335, am335x-sbc-t335.dtb.
- Connect the host PC to the SB-T335 base-board (connector P11) via the serial cable supplied with the evaluation kit.
- Start terminal emulation software on your PC with the following serial port settings:
Baud Rate Data Bits Stop Bits Parity Flow Control 115200 8 1 none none
- Insert the MMC/SD card into the MMC/SD socket (P23) on the SB-T335 base-board.
- Connect the DC power supply (12V), included in the evaluation kit, to connector J2.
- The system will boot from the SD card and start the automatic installation procedure.
Press any key to cancel installation 0 Install... Updating partitions... [ 13.784919] mmcblk0: p1 p2 Format partitions ... [ 19.328976] random: mkfs.ext4 urandom read with 41 bits of entropy available Mounting partitions ... Copy kernel files ... Extract user space ... [ 30.187868] random: nonblocking pool is initialized Mounting update disk ... Update user space file system... Please remove installation SD card ... Press any key to cancel restart 0 [ 278.026487] EXT4-fs (ram0): re-mounted. Opts: (null) The system is going down NOW! Sent SIGTERM to all processes Sent SIGKILL to all processes Requesting system reboot [ 280.068187] reboot: Restarting system
- The system will reboot automatically to the newly installed Debian Linux.
- Please remember to remove the installation SD card to prevent re-installation.
- Automatic installation doesn't start.
The U-Boot environment should be set to default:
- Power on the board.
- Press and hold Ctrl-C to get command prompt.
- Set default U-Boot environment and boot the board:# env default -a # boot