CM-iTC: WES7: Getting Started
The Windows Embedded Standard 7 (WES7) image for CM-iTC has most of the features present in a full version of Windows 7 SP1 Pro. The WES7 run-time image package for CM-iTC includes a ready-to-run image which can be installed on a SATA Storage Device.
The provided WES7 image is built as an evaluation copy and therefore it is time limited (expires after 30 days). In order to create a permanent WES7 image, a license should be purchased from Microsoft and the image should be re-built.
Preparing the USB Flash Drive with WinPE and WES7 Image
- Connect the UFD to your host PC.
Important Note: The UFD’s capacity must be at least 8GB.
- Format the UFD with NTFS and make it active by using Diskpart.
- Unzip the downloaded WES7 run-time image package.
- Copy the content of the WinPE and WES7 Image folders to the UFD.
- Disconnect the UFD from your host computer.
WES7 Image Deployment
- Connect the SATA Storage Device to the SATA 0 connector on the CM-iTC.
- Connect the UFD with WinPE and WES7 image to the iTC board.
Important Note: Ensure that no other USB or SATA Storage Device is connected to the CM-iTC.
- Boot the CM-iTC and enter the BIOS Setup.
- Set the appropriate Date and Time.
- Go to the “Boot” section and set your UFD as the first bootable device.
- Save the configuration changes and exit BIOS.
- Wait until the WinPE prompt appears.
- Browse to the USB Flash Drive and run deploy.bat file for deploying the image.
- The automatic script formats the SATA Storage Device and deploys the WES7 image.
- Ensure that there is no error message during the installation of the image.
The script output should appear as follows:
X:\windows\system32>wpeinit X:\windows\system32>d: D:\>iTC_WES2009.bat D:\>diskpart /s prepare_iTC_WES7.txt Microsoft DiskPart version 6.1.7100 Copyright (C) 1999-2008 Microsoft Corporation. On computer: MININT-VK6BS5V Disk 0 is now the selected disk. DiskPart succeeded in cleaning the disk. DiskPart succeeded in creating the specified partition. 100 percent completed DiskPart successfully formatted the volume. DiskPart marked the current partition as active. DiskPart successfully assigned the drive letter or mount point. DiskPart succeeded in creating the specified partition. 100 percent completed DiskPart successfully formatted the volume. DiskPart successfully assigned the drive letter or mount point. Leaving DiskPart... D:\>imagex.exe /apply iTC_WES7.wim 1 g:\ /verify ImageX Tool for Windows Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp. All rights reserved. Version: 6.1.7100.0 [ 100% ] Applying (with verification) progress Successfully applied image. Total elapsed time: 9 min 31 sec D:\>pause Press any key to continue . . .
Boot from a SATA Storage Device
- After the system shuts down, disconnect the UFD.
- Turn on the CM-iTC.
- After the system boots, the Sysprep process starts automatically and resets the clock for the Windows Product Activation.
- The system is automatically rebooted once Sysprep is complete.
- After the reboot the system will boot into Windows Welcome mode.