SB-FX6: HOWTO: RS-232 Console
Setting up your host PC
- Connect the RS-232 cable (included with the evaluation kit) between the SBC connector P60 and a free RS-232 port on your host PC.
- Identify the host PC interface and port you will be using for communication with the SBC:
- For Linux hosts, the serial port in most cases would be called like one of the following (where n is a positive integer): /dev/ttyS0, /dev/ttyS1 ... /dev/ttySn
- For Windows Hosts, the serial port in most cases would be called like one of the following (where n is a positive integer): COM1, COM2 ... COMn
- Start a terminal emulation program (such as HyperTerminal on Windows or minicom on Linux).
- Within the terminal emulation program, in the serial port configuration section select the port identified in previous step and set the following serial port parameters:
Setting up the Compulab Board
- Make sure DS7 LED is OFF while DS4 LED is ON. If this is not the case, populate jumper E5.
- Start the system by enabling power through the main DC power connector (J4).
- Console messages should appear on your host PC through the terminal emulation program.