IOT-GATE-iMX7 and SBC-IOT-iMX7: FreeRTOS: Running Demos
This article describes the process of loading FreeRTOS images into memory, and running the in-memory images. For quick evaluation, the FreeRTOS BSP comes with precompiled images that can be found under the images folder.
Loading FreeRTOS into memory
A FreeRTOS image must be run from TCM, DDR, or OCRAM, depending on how it was built. Consult the following table for the right <load_addr> to use:
|Image name||Must run from||load_addr|
- Power on the module and stop U-Boot from booting Linux by holding Ctrl-c.
- Place the demo image into USB drive or SD-card, and connect it into the evaluation board.
- Use the following U-Boot commands to load the demo image from USB storage:
CL-SOM-iMX7 # usb start CL-SOM-iMX7 # load usb 0 <load_addr> <image_name>
- Use the following U-Boot commands to load the demo image from SD-card:
CL-SOM-iMX7 # mmc dev 0 CL-SOM-iMX7 # mmc rescan CL-SOM-iMX7 # load mmc 0 <load_addr> <image_name>
Booting FreeRTOS from memory
- Run the image using the following commands:
CL-SOM-iMX7 # dcache flush CL-SOM-iMX7 # bootaux <load_addr>